K.U.R.E. has raised over $265,000 dollars to date! Help us grow that number by contributing you donation now.
Your donations have allowed for an incredible amount of research. Here is some of the incredible research that has been realized.
- Hypotony in patients with JIA uveitis. Moradi AR, Stroh I, Reddy AK, Hornbeak DM, Leung TG, Burkholder BM, Thorne JE. Am J Ophthalmol. 2016 Sep 169:113-24.
- Occurrence of and risk factors for ocular hypertension and secondary glaucoma in juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis. Stroh I, Moradi AR, Burkholder BM, Hornbeak D, Leung TG, Thorne JE. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2016 Mar 22:1-10.
- Treatment Options for Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) Associated Uveitis. Amin RM, Miserocchi E, Thorne JE, Hornbeak D, Jabs DA, Zierhut M. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2015 Dec 11:1-10.
- Foveal Serous Retinal Detachment in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis-associated Uveitis. Liang F, Terrada C, Ducos de Lahitte G, Quartier P, Lehoang P, Thorne JE, Bodaghi B. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2015 Aug 19:1-6.
- The role of gender in juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis. Moradi A, Amin RM, Thorne JE. J Ophthalmol. 2014;2014:461078. doi: 10.1155/2014/461078. Epub 2014 Feb 20. Review.
- Risk factors for loss of visual acuity among patients with uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: the Systemic Immunosuppressive Therapy for Eye Diseases Study. Gregory AC 2nd, Kempen JH, Daniel E, Kaçmaz RO, Foster CS, Jabs DA, Levy-Clarke GA, Nussenblatt RB, Rosenbaum JT, Suhler EB, Thorne JE; Systemic Immunosuppressive Therapy for Eye Diseases Cohort Study Research Group. Ophthalmology. 2013 Jan;120(1):186-92. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2012.07.052. Epub 2012 Oct 11.
- Risk of cataract development among children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis-related uveitis treated with topical corticosteroids. Thorne JE, Woreta FA, Dunn JP, Jabs DA. Ophthalmology. 2010 Jul;117(7):1436-41. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2009.12.003. Epub 2010 Apr 3.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis: incidence of ocular complications and visual acuity loss. Thorne JE, Woreta F, Kedhar SR, Dunn JP, Jabs DA. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007 May;143(5):840-846. Epub 2007 Mar 23.
- Risk factors for ocular complications and poor visual acuity at presentation among patients with uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Woreta F, Thorne JE, Jabs DA, Kedhar SR, Dunn JP. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007 Apr;143(4):647-55. Epub 2006 Dec 20.
Speakerships and Meetings
2006 Planning Committee: PEDIG JIA Cohort Study, Atlanta, GA
2007 Invited Speaker: Arthritis Foundation: Ocular complications of juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Baltimore, MD
2008 Invited Speaker: 23rd Biennial Walter Reed Ophthalmology Postgraduate Course and Alumni
Meeting: Update on Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and Uveitis. Bethesda, MD
2009 Invited Speaker: Anterior Segment Intraocular Inflammation Symposium for the
International Ocular Inflammation Society (IOIS): Clinical features and patterns of juvenile idiopathic arthritis-related uveitis. IOIS International Congress, Prague, Czech Republic
2009 Invited Speaker: Pan American Association of Ophthalmology: Update on Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis-Related Uveitis. AAO, San Francisco, CA
2011 Executive Committee/Planning Committee; JIA Panel on establishing consensus outcome measures for treatment meeting, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
2011 Visiting Professor: Visual outcomes in JIA-related uveitis. The Proctor Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, CA
2012 Executive Committee; JIA Panel on Establishing Consensus Outcome Measures for Treatment: 2nd annual meeting; UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
2012 Invited Speaker: Update on JIA-Related Uveitis: the JHMI Experience. Servier Headquarters and Pitie Salpaterie, Paris, France.
2012 Visiting Professor: Update on JIA-Related Uveitis: the JHMI Experience. University of Kentucky, Louisville, Kentucky
2012 Invited Speaker, Outcomes in Pediatric Uveitis. International Uveitis Study Group Meeting; October; Greece
2013 Invited Speaker, Measuring endpoints in uveitis in children with JIA. ISOPT, March, Paris, France
2014 Invited Speaker, Update on JIA-related uveitis. International Ocular Inflammation Society, February, Valencia, Spain
2014 Visiting Professor, Visual and treatment outcomes in JIA uveitis. Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel, June 2014
2014 Invited Speaker, Update on JHMI Research in JIA-related Uveitis. Uveitis Forum sponsored by the Ophthalmological Society of Taiwan, December, Taipei, Taiwan
2015 Invited Speaker, Defining clinical outcomes for JIA-related uveitis. International Ocular Inflammation Society, September, San Francisco, CA
2017 Invited Speak, Recent advances in JIA-related uveitis. Pan-American Ophthalmologic Organization’s Annual Meeting, August, Lima, Peru
2006 Fasika Woreta, MSIII-IV – Project: Ocular Complications and Visual Acuity Loss in Patients with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
2009 Anthony Gregory, MSIV. Outcomes of JIA-related uveitis in SITE
2010 Fasika Woreta, MD, MPH. Development of cataract in JIA-related chronic uveitis
2013 Rowayda Amin, MD. Treatment outcomes in JIA uveitis.
2014 Reza Moradi, MD and Rowayda Amin, MD. Gender and JIA uveitis outcomes.
2014 Inna Grishkan, MS IV. Outcomes of ocular hypertension and glaucoma in JIA uveitis.
2015 Reza Moradi, MD. Hypotony in patients with JIA uveitis: visual outcomes.
2016 Antonia Nwankwo-Marshall, MS!! and Meghan Berkenstock, MD. Evidence-based review of genetic and epigenetic risk factors in JIA and JIA-associated uveitis.